Wednesday, May 23, 2007

For bloggers: Feeds for the blog

As a frequent reader of blogs using feed reader, I wanted to create feeds for my blog (even though I haven’t posted that many articles) but its better to start in the initial stage, so that it would give me a clear understanding of how things work out.

There are two ways through which you can make your feeds to be subscribed

The first one is the default feed provided by blogger (in my case), which can be seen at the bottom of the page. Just by clicking on it you can subscribe to the feed.

The second method is to use a third party tool for creating a feed, I found out FEEDBURNER by scanning through almost all the famous blogs. I chose to use to use feed burner for the below reasons

Though painfully we have to register and do some formalities, once registered we can immediately follow there instructions for different popluar blog hosting sites. The instructions I followed for the blogger was very simple and fast. There by I added the icon for subscribing to the feed as a widget to the right of my page. For bloggers who don’t use those you need to copy-paste few lines of code in your blogs.

Facts and Stats:

Feed burner provide some interesting facts and stats on the feeds and its subscribers,

Soon will be posting about stats in the blog.They do provide stats on the sites too (a smaller version of Google analytics for your blog).

These were two simple reasons why I chose feedburner, but there are lot more features to be exploited depending upon our requirements, once I try my hands with other features will post updates regarding that.

No comments: